Why use incinerators?
These are the reasons why they are used:
- To destroy contaminated or putrescible waste hygenically (Hospitals, Abattoirs, Mine Hostels).
- To recover precious metals from waste (Reduction Works and Refineries).
- To ensure destruction of condemned waste (Municipalities, Health Departments).
- To prevent pilferage of merchandise by concealing it in the waste for later collection (Manufacturing Industries and Commerce).
- To destroy confidential documents and maps (Post Office and the Defence Force).
- To reduce cost of waste removal (Commerce and Industry).